Sunday, February 12, 2012

Charleston We Love You!




There is no greater way to break up a deployment AND winter than spending a week in Charleston, SC with amazing friends. Harper and I did just that last week. It was fantastic to catch up with Quinn and meet Luca; along with basking in the glorious 60 and 70 degree weather. Harper met her 'boyfriend' Luca for the first time, she may be to young to admit it, but I think she is in love. It was both a busy and relaxing week and both kids although 10 months and 13 months did amazing together, both sharing and sleeping. It would be to much to write in detail about all we did so I'm just going to keep it simple and use bullet points and pictures.

- Luca taught Harper how to walk (!!!) and blow kisses.
- We had a very interesting visit from the Hanahan EMS (don't worry everyone is fine now)BUT in the event of a real emergency I'm a tad worried for Quinn and Luca.
- We spent the morning at the Charleston Children's Museum & Harper used a paint brush for the first time.
- We explored downtown Charleston (Q & L were excellent tour guides). It is really a beautiful city and I am looking forward to more visits.
- Harper had her first ride in a wagon and almost lost her mind with excitement.
- Bath time was Luca & Harper's most favorite time of the day.
- Harper has two new best friends, Luca & Gretzky Dog.
- Riding together in a cart at costco & target is just the best.
- Fried Green Tomato BLTs are probably the best thing ever.
- There is nothing better than sitting with a good friend eating gelato and relaxing after the babies are sleeping.
- I miss the South. Palm trees and sweet tea make me happy.












Thank you so so much to Quinn Luca & Gretzky for being such wonderful hosts, we miss you and can't wait to come back!




1 comment:

  1. Harper looks so much like you in the picture where she is sticking her head out of the toy car!!!! WOW!!! So glad you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete