I have always been a dog person. Cats are ok, and when I was younger I liked them more than I do now, but my heart truly belongs to dogs. I also believe when you have a dog it is a member of your family, not something disposable or something that can be taken lightly. My heart breaks every time I think of all the homeless unloved and abused animals out there. Julius is 5 (almost 6!) and has been a part of our family since before we were married. Anyone who knows us and has met Julius knows that he really kind of rules the house, and that he is and always will be our "first born". I always joked that if we ever had kids Julius would NEVER forgive us. I am hopeful though that as long as we let him still sleep in the bed he will be ok. He did excellent with my nephew this summer so I'm hoping thats a good sign. Finn is only 7 months old, and everything that you imagine about a 7 month old lab is probably true when it comes to Finn. He is stubborn, can be hyper and gets into EVERYTHING (last week he stole the quiche off the counter I was going to have for lunch...). To his credit though he is also incredibly lovable and could melt your heart with those big brown eyes and just when I think I can't take his antics anymore he will be the sweetest best behaved dog in the world just to show me there is hope. There are days when having two dogs, (especially one who is still a puppy) can be very trying and very frustrating, however, most of the time I can't imagine my life with out them. They provide unconditional love and companionship. I am constantly trying to imagine how life will be with a baby AND two dogs... especially when Dave is gone. I am confident (most of the time) we will be able to manage and I am happy that our daughter will be able to grow up with two such lovable and loyal furry friends.
Last week we took a trip to the beach, which they both loved. It was a little cold, and didn't exactly end the greatest, however while it lasted it was fantastic, and I know the fresh air did all 3 of us some good after this LONG winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment