Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lets go local...



I love the idea of buying local. Especially buying food local. For the past several years, however, I haven't lived places where this has been a very easy task. When we first started getting settled in our new home I was excited at the amount of local farms and farm stands I saw. Out here itseems that buying local is more of a way of life for everyone and less of a "movement". Don't get me wrong there are still plenty of large grocery stores and plenty of people (including me) still shop at them, however, buying local is also really easy. I have always wanted to get involved with a CSA farm share and I started researching some in the area this evening. I am SO excited with what I found! Not only can we get fresh local veggies but also free range chickens, local beef & pork, eggs, dairy and grains. The amount of local farms which offer CSA's far exceeded my expectations. Now the hard part is going to be choosing one.


List of local farms (in about a 30 mile range) that are offering CSA's http://www.seacoasteatlocal.org/winterfarmersmarkets/CSAday.farms.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment