We are officially at the 6 week mark. Which means that this baby is going to be here sooner than later. There are so many decisions to be made when preparing for a baby. What kind of birth will I have, what kind of diaper will I use, will we use a crib or co-sleep, breastfeed or use formula, practice a specific type of parenting or just wing it. The list really goes on and on. The one decision, however, that I think really trumps all others is the name. For us this is the one thing that seems to be really tricky to decide on. I have come to the conclusion this is OK though. It is after all her name. She'll grow out of the clothes, and if I don't choose the right diaper brand I can always switch, and in all honestly most of my careful planning and research will be thrown out the window at 2am. A name is forever though. It will shape to a certain degree her personality (at least I think a names does), and it will be the first impression for everyone who meets her. When I was younger, and not as wise, I thought naming would be the fun and easy part. I do believe pretty strongly that I won't decide 100% until I meet her. I know newborns don't exactly look how they will look when they grow up. I'm still hopeful that I will at least get a sense of what type of name would fit her best when I meet her. I don't however want to go into the hospital with a "short" list of 10. I think part of the problem is I really love a lot of names, and committing to 2 or 3 as favorites let alone 1 seems almost impossible. I am envious of parents who see a name and just "know" its perfect. I'm hopeful that as we get closer names will just drop of the list and that by the time our little girl gets her and we meet her we will also just know.
Some of my favorites....
Viviane Piper
Imogen Stella or Imogen Faye
Stella Piper
Harper Imogen
Eliot Piper or Eliot Vannah
Clara Evelyn
Helena Piper
(We are trying to combine a family name somewhere in the mix, which is where Piper, Vannah, Stella, Evelyn & Helena come from)
No comments:
Post a Comment