Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Food I miss you...


I have had a pretty easy pregnancy. I didn't have much for morning sickness and at 34 weeks I can still see my feet and actually gave myself a pedicure. The one thing that has really been an
issue is the heart burn. It's constant and it doesn't matter what I eat or drink. I am normally a grazer and so eating small meals several times
a day hasn't been to hard of an adjustment. Not being able to really enjoy my food because I know whats coming has been heart breaking. Apparently its an old wives tale that along with bad heart burn comes a baby with lots of hair. So I keep telling myself my little girl will have lots of beautiful hair. After learning that babies can be born with hair on their backs and shoulders Dave is pretty sure thats what we are in for :).

I have found a few foods, however, that really get me through the day and I can actually eat and for the most part enjoy. Grapes, Chocolate Milk, Ice Cream & Cheese. (I do eat other things, I know that's not exactly a balanced menu) I check all the local stores for the best price on grapes & I have tried lots of new brands of ice cream. My new favorite is Ben & Jerry's Carrot Cake. There is a local dairy that I buy probably the best chocolate milk I've ever tasted from and laughing cow baby bell gouda cheese in the
red wax is a must.



One of the first things I will do after the baby comes is eat a huge meal, probably indian or thai, something spicy. In the mean time, I'm really trying to find pleasure where I can. Ultimately though, I miss food.

No comments:

Post a Comment