Tuesday, May 17, 2011

7 Weeks


I can't believe Harper is 7 weeks old. People always say enjoy every minute because it goes by so fast. I had no idea what they meant until now. The last 7 weeks we have been completely and totally operating in "Harper time". This consists of normal everyday tasks that should take around 5 min to complete regularly taking over an hour to complete going from 1pm to 5pm and having accomplished nothing but snuggling and having no idea it had been 4 hours.

I am also completely amazed at how much Harper has grown and changed. She is no longer a tiny little floppy newborn. She is around 8 lbs (give or take a bit) she can smile, laugh a little, hold her head up for around 30-40 sec and support her weight with her legs for around 15-20 sec. She is incredibly alert and recognizes Dave & I's voices. She really really loves her Daddy and grins from ear to ear whenever he is around. It took her 2 hours to go back to sleep after the excitement of seeing him monday morning after he had been gone for 2 days.

She loves to snuggle, but also loves to play on her own and look at books (I think she is going to be pretty independent). She is generally really happy and also is a great sleeeper. Unfortunatelyfor me the last couple weeks she has been pretty mixed up on her days and nights, however, we are starting to get that fixed, (thanks in part to some old fashioned "flipping").

I have had very little time for blogging the last 7 weeks, however now that we are starting to get a little bit more of a rhythm and routine going I'm optimistic I'll be a little more regular at writing.

For now here are some pictures from the last 7 weeks...














No comments:

Post a Comment